May 14, 2020 Introduction to Journalism
The subject does the action.
Rewrite the following sentences.
- Currently hospitals are turning away non-Covid19 patients
- Dozens of people were left stranded by the fire in a subway car.
- Being that Anna liked cold weather her favorite month was January.
- Due to the fact that COVID-19 killed many older adults, Tasha worries about her grandmother.
- For many people of color, the killing of Ahmed Arbery in Georgia, heightens their fear about young men going out alone.
- With all the gloom, I find it hard to find the motivation to complete assignments
Substitute Words for Clunky Phrases
prior to –
in an effort to –
for the purpose of –
in order to-
is of the opinion that –
with the exception that –
in the near future-
at this point in time –
being that –